Positive displacement pumps
Positive displacement pumps including preheating of the resin extrusion involves much lower shear than normal. The gear pump reduced output-stability requirements permit the system to be used on equipment with somewhat worn screws and barrels.
Positive Displacement Pumps Advantages:
1. Unlike with a centrifugal pump for screw extruders, a gear pump’s output is loosely independent of
discharge pressure altogether
2. Not having to generate centrifugal forces to operate means that pump speeds can
be low making them controllable, smooth and less disruptive
3. The action makes gear pumps self-priming
4. Hydraulic factors such as volumetric efficiency the discharge pressure of a gear pump can be very high.
Positive Displacement Pumps Application:
1. Polymer extrusion molding, such as granulation, film, pipe, plate, sheet, etc.
2. Transporting high-viscosity materials such as PC, PMMA, ABS, HIPS, PET, PVB,
PS, PP, PA, PE, and PVA and so on.
◆Gear pump for screw extruder
◆Piston Pump And Gear Pump
◆BATTE Circular Melt Pump
◆Polymer Discharge Melt Pumps
pre:Melt pump extrusion manufacturing
next: Rubber polymer extrusion gear pump